LOPSA is an all volunteer organization and without involvement by the membership LOPSA will not succeed. LOPSA depends on volunteers to help out at conferences, find sponsors, do the back office tasks, etc. We need members to help out with the following areas:
If you are interested in helping out, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Executive (Board of Directors)
- Provides effective leadership and management of the organization so that it is viable, expanding and true to its mission.
- Complies with legal requirements so the organization can continue to exist (that includes filing required forms and documents).
- Provides financial oversight.
- Recruits volunteers.
- Ensures volunteers have a position in the organization and can perform the duties of that position, to their benefit and that of the organization.
- Creates Board election slates and runs Board elections.
- Marketing/Communications Committee
- Communicates to members.
- Communicates to sponsors.
- Communicates to the public.
- Conducts effective promotion and marketing to increase demand for LOPSA membership.
- Conducts effective promotion and marketing to increase demand for sponsoring LOPSA.
- Enlightens prospective members and helps them to join.
- Enlightens prospective sponsors and helps them to donate.
- Responds to member inquiries and concerns.
- Responds to sponsor inquiries and concerns.
- Organizes and runs conferences to provide training services to practitioners, and to host workshops to advance the practice of system administration.
- Creates and manages programs and awards to recognize system admininistrators.
Mentorship, Education and Training Committee
- Supports practitioners (and aspirants) through the Mentorship Program
- Liaises with educators.
- Curates list of degree programs in system administration.
- Curates list of professional certification programs in system administration.
- Creates and provides training services.
- Supports and develops Local Affiliates and Chapters.
- Maintains The Guide to System Administration Body of Knowledge.
- Produces other content to advance system administration as a profession.
- Provides training to speakers on public speaking.
- Publishes a list of speakers.
- Curates list of conference CFPs.
- Monitors the quality of the actions, processes, and outcomes of the organization and continuously improves them.
- Trains the staff and volunteers of the organization.
Conferences and Events
- Represents LOPSA at conferences and community events.
- Serves the public through education and outreach on system administration issues.